Friday, November 30, 2007

Do You Remember Minmay?

This coming Dec. 1-2 on SMX, is the much awaited event of Hataw Hanep Hero 3. Anime fans will gathering in one place to participate and join the event. Lotsa games and activities will be there and so as booths of your fave anime store. Thanks a lot to HTVF and Filcosplay for the infos. http://cosplay.ph/forums/

And of course, this event is very important to those anime fans that will be participating in the cosplay event. Cosplayers like me will be very much likely to be excited in this convention.

Sadly, I won't be able to participate in the cosplay event due to my class, so I'll be costripping again. But this time, my costrip will be one of my fave anime characters in all time.

Lynn Minmay fom Macross/Robotech, a classic anime in the year 1982. Known as the Legendary Singer in the universe of Anime. The songstress who used her songs to battle the forces of Zentraedi for the survival of mankind. It is through her that inspired the thought of using songstresses for anime Like Lacus Clyne (my fave), Meer Campbell, Wong Liu Mei, etc.

So this year, I wanna try something out by costripping this one of a kind pop idol Minmay, to revive her songs and memories for the love of Macross! ehehe


Anyways, I wanna share to you guys about my costume this H3. It's really not much and I didn't spend much money for this costume too. *what luck XD*

Starting with her white dress, since I don't have much time to ask my aunt to sew it for me, I bought a white tube top and borrowed a white pleated skirt from my fellow forumer- Femme Fatale aka Rouge Cagalli.

Then for the pink ribbon and scarf along with the white transparent skirt, those are the only things I asked my aunt to sew for me, which cost me 250 bucks.

My boots were the same I used in my Lacus costume, I only made my own boot covers to match up my costume.

Then for the gloes, I bought a pair at SM and dyed it pink, using fabric dye.

All in all, this costume cost me 470 Php. I told you its not much ehehehe. A good costume doesn't mean you have to spend much too... XD Im sooo excited to try this out, so I can't wait for the event. All i can do now is wait for Dec 2 and at the same time practice my dance steps. ehehehhe

PS: credit to RC for the skirt. XD

1 comment:

Ligaya said...

Ah so you were Minmei/Minmay! You looked very nice in your costume. ♥ Great job! d^_~b Hope to see you cosplaying soon!