Friday, September 7, 2007

Back to reality

I'm back to the real world of nursing again. Back to 8 hours of hospital duties and afterwards 3 hours of lessons. Gyaahhh!

My shifts for 2 weeks is at Nodado General Hospital by 2 pm-10 pm during Mondays to Wednesdays. It was quite far from both my home and school, so traveling from my home to the hospital is already tiring enough for me.

My work area is at the Delivery Room, so I got the chance to watch how a mother gives birth to her child either through normal delivery or Cesarean. It was quite fun actually, all the blood gushing out of the mother and how cute the babies are when they come out, except their blood covered bodies.

I got the chance again to do bathing to the babies and cut their cords to their mothers. It was really quite an experince, and i'd love to take care more of those babies.

But ofcourse, it wasn't much fun to just wait for pregnant mother to run towards the hospital to give birth. Sometimes, we don't any cases, so we just hang and goof around the conference room. After the shift, it was a hell of a travel due to traffic. It's a good thing I have a classmate who I can ride with along the way and just drop me off near our subdivision.

When I got home, I grab the phone and dial to my hubby's house. We'll talk for awhile and I'll take a bath afterwards and sleep. I've been restless for the past few days, juggling my hospital duties and school works. so I don't have much time to update here.

So then, i'll end my entry here and try to catch some Zs. ^_^

No comments: