Friday, August 24, 2007

11th Mcdo-day!!!

Today is our 11th Mcdo-day monthsarry!!! hooray!!! Ever wonder what's Mcdo day? It's one of our 4 monthsarries, to be honest I like celebating occasions, it makes me feel important or something.

Well, to better understand what Mcdo-day is, it all started last Sept. 24 2006. It's the day where I first my Significant Other (UC). By that time, me and UC were already a couple, but we haven't seen each other yet. I was paticipating in a swimming event to be held at Ateneo. I was one of the chosen ones to represent our school. I'm on the 50 meter swimming event.

To be honest, I didn't expect to win, like I always say: I just wanna try out new things and have fun- So I gave it a shot! My mom and my lil bo came to see me compete, I'm glad they were there to support me. It was my first time at Ateneo, so I haven't seen their pool yet. And when I did - heck! is that really a 50 meters? it looks more of 100 to me! It a good thing i only need 2 lap.

Like I said, i don't expect to win. One reason is that, my lungs aren't that strong, and so as my heart. But then again, swimming is good exercise for lungs. So I did the preps and the warm-ups and talked with my friends for a while to gain confidence. I was sooo nervous back then, all those people watching me swim.

And so, by the time my event is up, I kinda felt stiff. My friends even yelled out "Tingin naman dyan Aikka!!! Heck! i was so nervous, i don't even know what to do! The whistle blew and off i went to a dive. SPLANK!!! Yeah splank, not splash, coz i did a terrible dive back then, I was kinda distracted by my other opponent of what she did, she jumped, not dive! That's supposed to be disqualified right?

Anyways, the end point here is that i finished the race, yet i didn't win - yeah i lost. But at the same time, I enjoyed it. Coz after that, I went together with my friends at Mcdo to celebrate one of my classmates victory. She won 2nd place!

But all those smiles and laughs were not really how i feel back then. I was depressed and lonely by that time. I was having problems back home, maybe sometime I'll let it out, but not right now. I was planning of unning away, i got all the things i need in my backpack. But all the things fell off when UC came into the picture.

He texted me, and was worried about me. So he decided to see me, to check up on me. At first, i don't want to see me like this, not in a condition of depression. But then again, i really needed someone to talk to. By the time all my friends left, UC came.

He was wearing red with a messy bed hair, while I was wearing pink with pigtails. Both of us weren't not in a good outlook, but it didn't matter to me. All i need is someone to talk to, and share my feelings and grief.

I was happy, finally seeing my Significant Other, and I was happy coz he was there to cheer me. We stayed and ate for a while. Then he gave my a ride home. Before I left, i gave him a litle thank you, a kiss on his cheek. I dunno what i did, but i just felt like doing it. Spur of the moment so they say.

And so that day, i'll never forget the 24th, i'll forever cherish and remember it... with all my heart.

No comments: