Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hit the books!

Gyaaaahhh!!! my teeth still hurt and now its climbing up to my head! The pain is killing my concentration while studying for the midterms. Oh yeah, midterms are on their way and i have to study. For now, I'm reading in advance for ONE subject. Yep, just 1 subject, coz this one is totally giving me the pain.

4 chapters down and 8 more to go *grumbles*, this is what I hate about college life. And to add up the pressure, the subject is my LEAST fave subject which is, NCM - Maternal and Child. Don't get me wrong, the topics in this subject are very interesting. From the typical woman's diet to the pains of vaginal labor, to the infant's development up to adolescent life. But the problem is, the prof - I already gave my ranting about him on HTVF, but I wanna share it again.

He's a Registered Nurse in our hospital (FEU-NRMF), an ICU nurse to be exact. But he's quite different from the ones I met before. He's the type of prof where he'll teach lessons in a story-telling technique. In a way that he's just reading the stuff he's saying directly from the book! Yeah, he has notes, but the notes came from the book itself too, so if you just listen attentively you'll find the words he's saying from the book pronto!

I know I'm not in the position of questioning his teaching techiniques, but what can a lil student like me do? And because of him, my grades almost flunk for the prelims. So i gotta work double or even triple this time.

And so right now, the thing im doing so i won't get pressured, is that im reading 2 chaps everyday before the exams. This way, at least I can manage to fully understand the book, and probably and hopefully pass that exam.

No comments: